Saturday, January 16, 2010

Eating From The Pantry This Week

This has been a crazy two weeks.  There was an unexpected medical emergency in my family which resulted in our eating rather random dinners due to hospital visits, etc.  The medical drama is resolved happily and we made a small dent in our deep freezer and our pantry.  I had planned to participate in the Eating From the Pantry Challenge over at Money Saving Mom but didn't have a chance to inventory everything before the drama unfolded.

I have finally inventoried our deep freezer and created a surprising amount of normal seeming meals which should result in using the majority of our food with minimal trips to the grocery store.  I think I am going to continue to try to eat from our pantry/deep freezer as long as we can so that I can defrost our freezer and reorganize the pantry.  The meals for this week will be:

Sunday:  Turkey tetrazini, foccacia
Monday:  Jerry's Pizza
Tuesday:  Dinner at Mom's house
Wednesday:  Pork chops, baked apples, green bean casserole
Thursday:  Beef tips with mushroom sauce over bow tie pasta
Friday:  Homemade pizzas
Saturday:  Lamb sausage, peppers and onions, couscous, pita bread
Sunday:  Baked ziti, foccacia

The funny thing is that no one in my house was particularly excited when I brought up the pantry challenge yet they are all excited about the new and different things that we have on the menu for this week.  I guess necessity really is the mother of invention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment