Sunday, October 18, 2009

Accountability

I know that some other bloggers post their goals ,etc. online so that they are held accountable by putting it in writing for all to see. I've decided to put my goals and activities online so that I can account for my day. Sometimes at the end of a particularly long, hard day, I can't seem to remember if I got anything done but I've decided to embrace my small successes and post them for all (or none) to see.

I've got to figure out a way to balance my weeks so that everything gets done in an efficient way. Right now the system of do all laundry one day, do all shopping one day, do all baking one day, etc. is not really working for me since none of it can/does get done in one day. We just lost our cleaning service so I've got to find a way to get the cleaning stuff in since I haven't had to do it in over a year and I haven't ever had to do it with two little monkeys running around my house either. I'm going to try a few ways of breaking down my "chores" so that I do a bit each day and see if that works out. Did I mention that I also have a full time job that I do from home? Ahhhh!

Today my goals are to:
1. make and freeze baked ziti
2. make and freeze two loaves of whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread
3. make and freeze two loaves of whole wheat bread
4. make and freeze either 4 balls of pizza dough OR, 4 pizza crusts
5. finish all the remaining laundry
6. put away the kids laundry
7. swap summer/fall clothes for both kids
8. strip all beds and wash the sheets

I'm thinking of trying to parbake the crust and then freeze it so I can just pull it out, top it and then bake it. Anyone tried this?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment