Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Ahead of The Washington Post

If anyone noticed my meal plan for the week, you would have seen that I planned to have grilled corn and cheese omlettes with baby tomatoes and toast on Monday night. We didn't actually have that because our wonderful neighbors just felt like grilling more food than they could eat and so they brought us some pork chops, hot dogs and corn on the cob just in time for dinner. We will probably have the omlettes another night this week.

If you read the Washington Post's Food section today, on the back page are a bunch of corn recipes and one of them suggests a corn omlette paired with some baby tomatoes and toast! If I didn't know any better, I'd think that they took a look at my menu prior to publication and poached a few ideas but, since they probably had to go to print before I made my menu, I'll shelve my litigation for now and just assume that great minds think alike.

Although, I wouldn't mind receiving a paycheck for being a Food section consultant. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment